According to the American Psychological Association, child psychology is a specialized field that involves the basic principles of clinical psychology combined with child, adolescent and family development and developmental psychopathology. Child psychology involves looking at how social structures, such as families or schools, affect psychological, cognitive and behavioral adaption and functioning.
- Helping Brainz wants the Intern to research on different psychological aspects of a child; they meet and teach in the various underpriviledged areas of Delhi NCR. An intern mainly focuses on scientific research Interns need to have a love of working with children and adolescents and a desire to help them overcome challenges. Interns provide assessments, interventions, counseling and other types of treatment to children with emotional, behavioral and social needs.
- The responsibilities and duties of a child psychologist depend largely upon the setting, but may involve assessment and diagnosis of developmental disorders such as autism or pervasive developmental disorder.
- Creating various aspects in the existing teaching plan in the Teach With HelpingBrainz Programme.
- They also may treat learning delays or psychological disorders such as depression or anxiety. You may administer personality or other psychological tests among the children, however conducting the same through various games and activities involving child’s attention.
- You’ll help children and adolescents dealing with social problems like bullying, child abuse by providing education and counseling.
- You may also help children and adolescents dealing with family-related issues, such loss, illness or divorce.
- Not only do Interns provide assessment and diagnosis, they also provide preventative services, such as developing and implementing programs/campaigns to prevent child abuse, molestation or teen pregnancy.
- They may consult with other professionals involved in a child’s care, such as teachers or pediatricians.
- You might also be involved with research that focuses on child and adolescent practice and you might publish academic articles in professional journals.
The intern would be strictly working on the rules and regulations of HelpingBrainz.Org reporting under the VP, Child Empowerment Programmes, HelpingBrainz.ORg